Even though you may not be on campus this summer, active brothers and alumni volunteers (especially the class of 2017) can participate in great programs this summer to keep Alpha Phi Omega spirits high and skills sharp! If you have questions about either program, or are interested in scholarship opportunities, contact Aaron Knight, Region Chair.
This weekend-long training session is designed to allow students to learn and practically apply project and meeting management and delegation in a group setting. You must have completed LAUNCH prior to attending SERVE. LAUNCH is available year-round. The course starts promptly at 7 pm on Friday and concludes by noon on Sunday.
The cost to attend SERVE is $60 for students and $80 for alumni members, with a $5 discount for Society of Life Members. This cost covers food, supplies, and lodging for the weekend. Alumni volunteers are also welcome to attend SERVE in order to complete Presenter Content Training.
• To provide a framework for effective chapter management
• To give participants transferable skills that may be used in their careers beyond Alpha Phi Omega
• To provide future fraternity leaders with management skills
• To add to the skill sets learned in other APO LEADS courses
• To create a project plan in small groups which can be adapted at the chapter level
• To practice project management skills
• To incorporate the Servant Chapter Organizational function and apply it to the project plan
• To apply the Servant Leadership Characteristics throughout the weekend
• To commit to applying the skills learned in your home chapter
Membership Academy and Membership University
Both Membership Academy (MA) and Membership University (MU) focus on the needs and problems associated with chapters. MA is best suited for chapters with less than 75 active members, and MU is best suited for those with more than 75 active members.
Training topics include:
- Recruitment techniques
- Chapter Planning
- Developing quality members
- Dealing with non-performers
- Pledge Program of Excellence and Chapter of Excellence